AMSTERDAM
First week back from Christmas holidays and I'm already packing my backpack for a trip to Amsterdam with friends from University. Living in Holland and all, logic would consequently show that I ought to visit Amsterdam sooner or later in respect to all those that don't have the geographical advantage that I have. Thus; I dedicate this trip to all those that are missing out on what I felt to be the second most beautiful city of the Netherlands.
BRUSSELS
Having not gone to Brussels at all over the holidays I figured I ought to pay a visit to friends (and family for that matter) Very successful 48 hours spent shooting Isa's final IB movie which I acted in. We also went on a photography walk through the park along with Lily during which I got to further discover my interests in the visual arts and more importantly her SUPER AWESOME CAMERA (see photos below) Not to mention of course a lovely
EXAMS
... are done - is all I'm going to say. Because truth be told I hated every minute of every evening I spent learning, revising and going over lectures, slides, books and practice papers. So this section shall be kept very short and to the point: My exams - are over. But I will post this: during my exam period I got the opportunity to further discover editing software such as 'After Effects' that I grew very fond of. Here is a video clip of my final product of Kinetic Typography made from a live speech made by a singer during her concert in Germany:
DEN HAAG
Important side note - Having already settled the matter of the german Schnitzel NOT being a sausage; here's another one. Just so we are ALL clear on this:
--------------------
Yes, Den Haag holds the governmental basis for the country, but No, it is not the capital of Holland - Amsterdam still is.
--------------------
That said: Den Haag is by far the most beautiful city of the Netherlands that I have visited so far. That and more; it manages to go from sea-side wonderland to historical treasures to european wanna-be skyscrapers. Their public library and 'stadhuis' held various expositions on the dutch colonies or the multi-cultural nature of the country's population, its religions and traditions - had they managed to squeeze in any more of this liberal culture stuff we might as well have been in Sweden.