A lot has happened since my last post for quite opposite reasons than before. While I earlier had not enough to write about, I've fallen into the exciting state of having WAY too much to write about.
After breaking my thumb from sleighing (although, for obvious reasons, let's just say it was from doing a very cool backflip during skiing) I got to experience the German health system first hand in Stuttgart; very efficient.
A couple of days of rest and german television taught me that my knowledge of German is worse off than I thought. Luckily, Markus was kind enough to shop for traditional food that got my multi-cultural heart fluttering of excitement: against common belief, turns out Schnitzel is NOT a german sausage.
All this was followed by a very merry New Years Eve of Raclette, drinking, partying and fireworks. Very promising start for 2012 :)
4 days, 347 euros and a quick train ride later, I find myself debarking a train in Wuerzburg where my dear friend Anna welcomes me with open arms screaming "Welcome to Wuerzburg; where there are no black people, no gays and an averagely depressed population"