Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Birthday Coming Up

Princess Diana apparently said during an interview with BBC1 Panorama in 1995 that "at the age of 19, you always think you're prepared for everything, and you think you have the knowledge of what's coming ahead."And I definitely believe her to be right - mostly because it's true: I've lived on my own here in Breda for 4 months and I'm not only learning how to handle my finances, I'm also learning how to do the every day chores of an adult. Whether it may be grocery shopping, doing the laundry, getting my bike fixed or getting my own appointment to the dentist; I feel like I'm already all grown up.

"LOL" would be an understatement of how silly I am.

Whilst you may overlook the fact that my finances are ultimately being handled by my father, that my laundry is hardly truly done and that my bike has yet to be oiled - these are all chores. Chores don't make for a very hard living; they make for responsible living. In the meantime - what do I know about what's ahead?

And how GREAT is that? I am about to turn Nineteen and I know NOTHING about the hard life of the average adult. And that is EXACTLY where I want to be. My last year of being a teenager - a last shot at fully appreciating the pleasures of being ignorant of how hard life is. I'm looking forward to being nineteen ... is what I'm trying to say :)